Today we announce the release of update version 1.2 for Insurgency: Sandstorm. This includes many changes from last weeks CTE, including a new map, new game mode, two new weapons, plus numerous bug fixes, changes, and optimizations. You can read some of the key highlights below or view the full changelog[newworldinteractive.com]
on our website.
- New map “Outskirts” playable in Firefight, Push, Checkpoint, Team Deathmatch, and Hardcore Checkpoint.
- New official Coop game mode Hardcore Checkpoint
- Movement speed is significantly reduced. Enemies are harder. Friendly teammate indicators only show when a teammate is nearby. Objective indicators are hidden in the HUD.
- If you die, you will respawn with a Mosin bolt-action rifle and Makarov pistol. You must resupply at a Supply Crate to get your Loadout.
- There are only two Supply Crates. One will spawn on a random objective, the other will always spawn on the final objective. You can only resupply once on a Supply Crate. Small Ammo Boxes will give some ammunition for the weapons you are carrying.
- New Weapons
- M82A1 CQ anti-materiel sniper rifle for Security Marksman class.
- M99 anti-materiel sniper rifle for Insurgent Marksman class.
- M2HB .50 Cal mounted machine gun for Security vehicles.
- New Cosmetics
- Balaclava and neck gaiter Facewear cosmetics for Security faction.
- New skull pattern for Insurgent balaclavas.
- M90F camouflage for Security.
- Cloth gloves for Insurgents.
- Class Loadouts can now be customized on the main menu through the Customize button.
- Enabled voting to kick players on official matchmaking servers.
- Overhauled community server browser to support favorites, showing empty and full servers, passworded servers, minimum and maximum player filtering, filter reset, search box and better sorting options.
- Bots will now randomly select all of their loadouts, including weapon attachments.
- Updates to the helicopter damage models:
- The top and tail rotor can be destroyed with anti-materiel rifles.
- Pilots, co-pilots and door gunners can be killed via normal weaponry or an anti-materiel rifle if behind a windscreen or metal plating.
- Ammo Carrier vests and backpacks can now be customized with different colors and camouflages. See the “Equipment” slot in Appearance under the Customize menu.
- Dust kickup particles now play when weapons are fired while prone on appropriate surfaces.
- Added support for storing key bindings and various other settings that are system-agnostic in the Steam Cloud.
- Local Play is now accessible if you’re offline and unable to sign into New World services.
- Appearance menu improvements:
- Different Ammo Carrier and Armor Loadout options can now be previewed on your character.
- Your character can now be rotated.
- Upgrade to Unreal Engine 4.22:
- Upgrading to the latest version of Unreal Engine was a large task, however it was a necessary part of optimizing the console versions, and will enable greater performance and development possibilities in the future for all versions of Insurgency: Sandstorm including PC.
- Implemented skeletal mesh merging to reduce CPU overhead of character animation.
- Implemented UE4 4.22 animation budget allocator to reduce CPU overhead of character animation.
- Disabled tessellation by default due to a higher than intended GPU cost, it may still be manually enabled.
- Optimized particle overdraw by implementing particle cutout textures.
- Fixed certain UI elements incorrectly performing tick logic after being closed.
- Optimized update frequency of world soundscape actors.
- Optimized logic, physics, and animation performance impact of helicopter air support.
- Reduced concurrent particle impact effect limits.
- Character movement interpolation improvements; characters will no longer jitter when moving in third person close to the camera.
YouTube™ Video: Character movement interpolation improvements
Characters will no longer jitter when moving in third person close to the camera Stay tuned for more updates about our game on our social media channels: https://twitter.com/insurgencygame…
- Fixed broken terrain shadows on low settings.
- Facial hair improvements on low quality settings.
- Holographic sights reticle has been improved for better target acquisition and clarity.
- Tweaked reticle brightness values for the 1x Red Dot, 1.5x PK-AS and 1x OKP-7 sights.
- Weapons with extended magazines and belts will now display correctly in the Loadout menu.
- New special animations for performing an Ammo Check while deployed.
- New first person deployed crawl animations.
- New third person prone deployed reload animations for MGs.
- Adjusted first person sprint animation speeds to better match footstep sounds.
- Reduced the playrate of first person rifle sprint animations to improve their look.
- Improve the synchronization between first and third person leaning animation.
- Improved melee and knife animations.
- Cosmetic visual improvements:
- Updated Very Dark skin tone to be more visually different than the Dark skin tone.
- Updated long sleeve button down dirt mix.
- Update on roughness of most gloves.
- User Interface
- Reduced size profile of team score element on spectator UI.
- Improved the alignment of the create party icon.
- Added a black variant of the 4x SU230 which shows on darker weapons.
Plus much more…
You can view the full changelog on our official website: http://newworldint