Latest news

Numpad grid reference

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  RiverRat 3 months, 1 week ago. This post has been viewed 139 times

• Author

Anonymous
    13 pts

Hey guys! I talked to a freind who plays Squad alot, and he told me of a cool way to pinpoint an exact location on the map in that game that could also work well in RS2. So what you do is, imagine there is a numpad within a single grid.

So as an example, here the enemy tunnel is in: F4, Key 7 and friendly artillery is dropping on:F4, Key 9

It’s still not the most accurate way of reporting, but I think it’s a lot faster and less confusing than saying: ‘F4, in front of the temple on the right, by the bush!’
    We don’t have to use it, but I just tought it cool and wanted to share it with you guys. Some of you might know of this method already and maybe we could try it sometime just to see if it works for us?

#19761 Score: 0

Kove
    Participant
    Joined 7 months ago
    online 7 hours ago
    Italy
    59 pts

This seem interesting, however I think the main problem right now is that when the commander say “on the right” it may be or not your right, actually.

Personally I suggest to use only north/south/west/ovest directions for team-related communications.

Squads can keep using left/right without problems.

#19762 Score: 0

Anonymous
    13 pts

Yep, agree with you there. Personaly I would like it if people in squad would also use the compass too, It’s not hard to turn on your HUD and look down guys. Or open your map.

#19763 Score: 0

Kove
    Participant
    Joined 7 months ago
    online 7 hours ago
    Italy
    59 pts

@powerbits , what do you think about it?

#19771 Score: 0

Powerbits
    Keymaster
    Joined 2 years ago
    online 7 hours ago
    Belgium
    FacebookTwitterGoogle+YouTubeInstagramWebsite
    191 pts

Sure i like it

#20982 Score: 0

Flatline
    Participant
    Joined 3 months ago
    online 1 month ago
    1 pt

I think it’s a great way for pointing out enemies and as the OP says it is put to great effect in Squad, much quicker saying f4 keypad 7 than describing a landmark and easier for guys on the ground who check their maps alot (at least I do)

#21169 Score: 0

RiverRat
    Participant
    Joined 3 months ago
    online 1 month ago
    United States
    FacebookEmail
    2 pts

THAT WORKS UNCLE SAM TEACHES RIGHT AND UP EACH GRID SQUARE IS DIVIDED INTO 100 SQUARES SO TUNNEL WOULD BE F4-2-7 IF I REMEMBER RIGHT

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar