Latest news

is it worth getting a gtx 1080?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  StormCloak 3 days, 2 hours ago. This post has been viewed 55 times

• Author

StormCloak
    Participant
    Joined 11 days ago
    online 1 day ago
    Sweden
    Rising Storm 2 Vietnam

been thinking about it for a while, and what better place to ask than a gaming clan? how long do you think my gtx 970 will hold up to newer games?

cheers

#14806 Score: 0

edeka3
    Participant
    Joined 8 months ago
    online 38 minutes ago
    Austria
    18 pts
    Battlefield1ADMINPUBG

Either get a 1070 OC or a 1080 TI OC. 1070 OC is not much worse and less money and the 1080 TI is much better, more expensive but more cost efficient.

#14807 Score: 0

Powerbits
    Keymaster
    Joined 1 year ago
    online 1 hour ago
    Belgium
    FacebookTwitterGoogle+YouTubeInstagramWebsite
    42 pts
    Battlefield1HEADADMINRising Storm 2 Vietnam

Wat CPU do you have and ram?

[/url]

#14952 Score: 0

[PBS] r0gU3
    Participant
    Joined 5 days ago
    online 1 day ago
    Rising Storm 2 Vietnam

Good morning.

I dont think that a 1080 is worth the money. It is a lot of cash in comparison to the 1070. in fact the 1060 will be more than enough for most gamers needs.

What games are you playing. If it is BF1, then a 1070 is worth the outlay. but you have to ask yourself is it just for the one game.

I agree with what has been said already as there other very important components. I would recommend at least an i5 chip. and 170 board.

Load times are more critical in some games than others. For example BF1, you could have the sloweest drive known to man but they wait until every one is ready before the game commences. In Killing floor 2 the same can be said.

However in RS2 the fastest load gets the load out of choice on the first round.   An ssd is a minimum. But you probably wont be needing a 1070 card as a 1060 would be no issue.

So it is really about what you play and what you want to see.

Hope this helps

#14953 Score: 0

JusticeJoker
    Joined 3 months ago
    online 19 hours ago
    Portugal
    11 pts
    PUBGBattlefield1ADMIN

With current prices and how the gpu market is all a cloesterfuck, its not worth. I would prefer maybe the Vega 56 since its better than the 1070 and supposed to be cheaper or just go for a 1080ti. Because the price you pay for a 1080 compared to its performance its not that great the investment

#14955 Score: 0

Powerbits
    Keymaster
    Joined 1 year ago
    online 1 hour ago
    Belgium
    42 pts

I do recommend a good brand, not those cheap ones that can have all kind of issues.

My preference goto MSI or ASUS

[/url]

#14972 Score: 1

Fester
    Joined 5 months ago
    online 3 days ago
    United Kingdom
    10 pts
    Battlefield1ADMIN

I suppose the real answer is how much do you want to spend?

I had a 680GTX until recently and it was fine. BF1 crushed it of course but I expected that. I now have a 980TI and it’s perfect driving some pretty big monitors.

Now here is the rub – Computer hardware is expensive yes?  Well my CPU is an old 980X and was overclocked for the first 2 years of it’s life and now runs stock. Do I notice it? Well, it’s abouit 5-9fps in most games. Sam eof rthe graphics card. I can overclock the crap out of it, but it will burn out sooner and cost me more in the long run. I’d say get the best you can afford, stick with the better brands and don’t boother with the OC – it’s not worth it. Anyhow this is what I have seen on my rig, others will say different. My rig is 6+ years old and still does not need an upgrade………..

#14973 Score: 0

Powerbits
    Keymaster
    Joined 1 year ago
    online 1 hour ago
    Belgium
    42 pts

Nice Mark, 6 years is a very long time for a PC

[/url]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar